This past year brought many developments in search engine marketing (SEM), and our Paid Search columnists provided insights, tips and advice for adapting to these various changes.
Search marketers briefly panicked when Google announced in April that it would be removing search query data from ad click referrer strings, fearing that this would mean the loss of keyword data in AdWords altogether. However, we soon learned that this was not the case (thanks in big part to our Paid Search columnists!) and calmed down.
Over the summer, Google Shopping campaigns officially replaced Product Listing Ads (PLAs) after a long transition period. We also lost true exact match targeting in AdWords when Google announced that advertisers could no longer de-select close variants.
Paid search marketers were interested in these topics and more. In case you missed them, check out our top 10 paid search columns of 2014:
- A Former Googler’s Routine For AdWords Management by Frederick Vallaeys. Published on 1/24/14. 892 social shares across all platforms.
- An AdWords Script To Make Exact Match, Well…Exact by Daniel Gilbert. Published on 9/29/14. 1.4K social shares across all platforms.
- What’s A Good PPC Account Structure, Anyway? by Sam Owen. Published on 9/5/14. 1.6K social shares across all platforms.
- Not Provided Comes To Paid Search: What Will The Impact Be? by George Michie. Published on 4/9/14. 1.1K social shares across all platforms.
- 7 Hidden Features In AdWords To Make Your Life Easier by Frederick Vallaeys. Published on 9/10/14. 1.5K social shares across all platforms.
- The Real Reason AdWords Isn’t Working For Many Small Businesses by Larry Kim. Published on 2/27/14. 1.1K social shares across all platforms.
- This AdWords MCC Script Will Save You An Hour Every Day! by Frederick Vallaeys. Published on 4/24/14. 635 social shares across all platforms.
- What Marketers Need To Know About The New AdWords Quality Score by Larry Kim. Published on 7/11/14. 1.2K social shares across all platforms.
- Are You Ready For The New Google Shopping Campaigns? by Rick Backus. Published on 2/3/14. 716 social shares across all platforms.
- Will Ask.com Google Arbitrage Ever Stop? by Susan Waldes. Published on 9/22/14. 886 social shares across all platforms.
Methodology: Columns published in 2014 are ranked in order of pageviews measured by Google Analytics. Data was gathered on December 4 and include all columns published through December 3, 2014.
The post Quality (Score) PPC Content: Our Top 10 Paid Search Columns For 2014 appeared first on Search Engine Land.