Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Improve internal linking for SEO: Calculate Internal PageRank
Apr 22, 2016 by Paul Shapiro
Columnist Paul Shapiro shares his method for determining what pages on your site might be seen as authoritative by search engines, based on a metric he calls “Internal PageRank.”
- Dear Google: Here’s a search marketers’ AdWords UI wishlist
Apr 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
With Google announcing a new AdWords user interface is in the works, Search Engine Land asked paid search marketers for their top requests.
- Why “near me” is critically important for multi-location businesses
Apr 22, 2016 by Jason Decker
As searchers become increasingly mobile, hyper-local searches are on the rise. Columnist Jason Decker believes that multi-location businesses stand to benefit the most.
- Search in Pics: The Queen Pegman, Google Austin bike & expense bag
Apr 22, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
- Earth Day Google doodles highlight planet’s 5 major biomes
Apr 22, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Created by doodler Sophia Diao, the series includes illustrations of the tundra, forest, grasslands, desert & coral reefs.
- IAB: desktop and mobile paid search bring in roughly half of 2015 digital ad revenue
Apr 21, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Combined value of US search market last year was $29.2 billion; mobile search was worth nearly $9 billion.
- Google honors Prince with special Purple Rain logo
Apr 21, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Music legend receives logo within hours of news of his death.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
The post SearchCap: An AdWords UI wishlist, Earth Day Google doodles & an IAB report appeared first on Search Engine Land.