Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing local search update highlights business holiday hours in local listings
Nov 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Local listings display accurate holiday hours in real time.
- SEO without SERPs is here with Google Assistant, Home and Amazon Echo. Here’s how to survive.
Nov 28, 2016 by Bryson Meunier
Columnist Bryson Meunier discusses how the rise of digital assistants will impact how search engine optimization is performed.
- Are you doing attribution wrong?
Nov 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Nothing is more top-of-mind for marketers than attribution. It’s a complex topic, and there are lots of questions. This guide from AdRoll examines the history of attribution models and dives deep into platform data, third-party research and advertiser survey data to make the case for marketers to adopt a blended attribution model.
- PPC buyer beware: 3 seedy tactics agencies or consultants use to scare you into services
Nov 28, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Wondering if an email or phone call from a PPC agency is legit? Columnist Pauline Jakober shares some tips for weeding out the scammers.
- How do our biases impact PPC performance?
Nov 25, 2016 by Brett Middleton
With experience comes wisdom, but columnist Brett Middleton believes that search marketers can sometimes limit themselves by clinging to old habits.
- Search in Pics: Google black friday cake, leather luggage tag & cupcakes
Nov 25, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
- Thanksgiving 2016 Google doodle celebrates holiday with American folk art imagery
Nov 24, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says today’s doodle is an ode to this season of togetherness.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- How To Apply “Articles“ Snippet To Your Blog Posts And Make Them More Visible, SEM Rush
- Backlinks from Client Sites, Sites You Own, Widgets, & Embedded Content: How to Maximize Benefits & Avoid Problems – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Google Looking For Spammy Exact Match Domains (EMDs), Search Engine Roundtable
- Local business listings with Schema.org and JSON-LD, Yoast
- Shabbat Observers Worried About Google’s Interstitials Mobile Penalty, Search Engine Roundtable
- Ask Yoast: Duplicate content on LinkedIn Pulse, Yoast
- Google Changes “Submit To Index” To “Request Indexing”, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Rewrites Titles & Adds Headlines for Some Featured Snippets, SEMPost
- Google Tweaking Top News Algorithm To Filter Out Fake News?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Ranking Events in Google Search Results, SEO By The Sea
- The 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes, Search Engine Journal
The post SearchCap: Bing local search updates, digital assistants & PPC performance appeared first on Search Engine Land.