Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing: It’s Unlikely That We’ll Take Search Share Away From Google
Microsoft’s Director of Search admitted this week that Bing isn’t likely to put a significant dent in Google’s search market share. Stefan Weitz appeared Tuesday at the Web Summit conference in Ireland, where he told attendees that Bing instead wants to focus on making its search technology an important part of mobile apps and other […]
- 2014 SMX Social Media Marketing Conference Preview
In less than two weeks, the editorial staff from Search Engine Land and our sister site Marketing Land will host the 4th annual SMX Social Media Marketing conference (November 19-20th) at the ARIA Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. For this year’s lineup, in addition to strategic sessions and big picture panels, we have several spotlight sessions that will deliver highly tactical […]
- How To Maximize Local Search Traffic This Holiday Season – November 13 Webcast
Based on the latest Pigeon update, Rio SEO’s retailers saw a 20% increase in online traffic from search above last season. With the holidays just around the corner, it’s time to make sure your local search strategy is utilizing best practice SEO and user experience. In this webinar Bill Connard, Vice President of Local Search […]
- Matt Cutts: Being Google’s “Lightning Rod” For Unhappy SEOs Might Not Be Productive
Last week, the head of Google’s web spam team Matt Cutts announced that he was extending his leave. Now, Cutts has opened up a bit more about it, further suggesting he won’t return. Cutts also suggested that having himself or anyone be a public face for Google in terms of publisher issues might not be a good use […]
- Want To Speak @ SMX West? Here’s How
The agenda is live, and we’re now accepting submissions to speak at Search Marketing Expo – SMX West 2015, March 3-5, at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. To increase the odds of being selected, be sure to read the agenda. Understand what the sessions are about. Ensure that your pitch is on target […]
- What’s Ahead For Paid Search?
As SERPs become more intuitive and in-app ads increase, the nature of paid search is changing. Columnist Mona Elesseily discusses how such shifts can shape the future of paid search.
- German Publisher Axel Springer: Loss Of Snippets Caused 80 Percent Traffic Drop
Axel Springer, Germany’s largest publisher and the owner of Europe’s largest newspaper, has said it wants back in to snippets. According to Reuters, the German publishing giant revealed that traffic to its four largest online properties from Google search results “had fallen by 40 percent” and referrals from Google News had dropped “by 80 percent in the past […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Local Forwarding Numbers Now Live, Search Engine Roundtable
- Measure What Matters Most: A Marketer’s Guide, analytics.blogspot.com
- Powerful Yet Underused Google Features in AdWords, smallbiztrends.com
- PPC Tips for the Travel Industry, koozai.com
- Six paid search tips for a very merry Christmas, econsultancy.com
- So Many Options In Pay Per Click, But Keep A Close Eye On ROI, ppc.org
- Tiny Ad Tests That Make a Huge Difference, PPC Hero
- Winning the Second Chance with Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA), Inside AdWords
- Changes to Targeting Mobile Devices Coming to Bing Ads in March 2015, advertise.bingads.microsoft.com
The post SearchCap: Bing Talks Search Share, Matt Cutts On Future With Google & Major Drop In Traffic After Loss Of Snippets appeared first on Search Engine Land.