Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Despite Documented Performance Lift Brands Still Confounded By Local Search
Remarkably there are still marketers out there that don’t “get” local search or why marketing campaigns should be localized. There are numerous studies and reports that indicate localized display and local search campaigns (on the PC and mobile) outperform “national” or pure brand campaigns – sometimes dramatically. Source: Local Search Association ad performance insights database (2014) Despite the […]
- Google Maps, Yelp & Local SEO In 2015
When it comes to digital marketing and SEO for your business, it’s important to look beyond just your website. For local businesses, a strong online marketing effort requires an investment in local directories, maps and review sites, too. If all of your optimization efforts are spent on your site, you’re likely missing out on opportunities. Google’s Pigeon […]
- Search In Pics: Google Hanukkah, DMOZ Mozzie & Google’s Double Rainbow
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more. Google’s Double Rainbow: Source: Google+ Mozzie From DMOZ: Source: Twitter Google Animated Dreidel: Source: Google+ Google […]
- Bing Search Adds AMBER Alerts
Bing sources data from National Center for Missing & Exploited Children databases for their new AMBER alert box.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- Get your Shopping certification today on Google Partners, AdWords Agency Blog
- 4 Google Analytics Widgets That’ll Help Prove Value This Christmas, www.silverbackstrategies.com
- Currently Running AdWords? Here’s Why You Should Also Be Using Bing Ads, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Google Analytics Audit – Conversions, Goals & Ecommerce, authoritylabs.com
- Next Level PPC Strategies for eCommerce Advertising!, www.techwyse.com
- Paid Search: 3 things you should know while running a PPC campaign, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Reassessing My 2014 PPC Suggestions And Looking To 2015, PPC Hero
- Think Big, But Cautiously When Moving PPC Accounts, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Your Voice, Heard: State of SEM, 3qdigital.com
The post SearchCap: Brands Still Confounded By Local Search, Bing Adds Amber Alerts & Local SEO In 2015 appeared first on Search Engine Land.