Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Announces Syndication Deal With AdMarketplace, Gumtree.com
Oct 8, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Deals expand reach for Bing Ads advertisers in search results on US and UK digital properties.
- Pinterest Aims Internationally With Localized Search Update
Oct 8, 2015 by Martin Beck
Company is serving customized search results for French, German, Portuguese and Japanese users.
- 2015 US Search Award Winners Announced
Oct 8, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
22 firms and individuals recognized for their accomplishments in search engine marketing
- Google Now, Microsoft Cortana & The Predictive Search World: Recap From SMX East
Oct 8, 2015 by Benjamin Spiegel
Contributor Benjamin Spiegel recaps a presentation from SMX East about the growth of predictive search technologies and the resulting opportunities and issues for search marketers to consider.
- German Newspaper Publisher Trying Bring Failed “Google Tax” To All Of Europe
Oct 8, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Disruptive technologies are often met with lobbying efforts to block them by vested interests trying to preserve the status quo. One such example is the unsuccessful effort by taxi companies to use the law to hold back Uber’s advance, especially in Europe. Another is the European newspaper industry’s efforts to boost sagging revenues […]
- Only 3 Weeks Until SMX Israel, Taking Place In Jerusalem
Oct 8, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Don’t miss the best search marketing conference in the Middle East, SMX Israel, on November 1, 2015, in Jerusalem.
- Discover Unprecedented Social Media Tactics At SocialPro. Rates Increase Next Week!
Oct 8, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Join hard-core practitioners at Marketing Land’s SocialPro, the conference designed to empower you with razor-sharp social media marketing tactics. Hear why you shouldn’t miss SocialPro, from Marketing Land’s founding editor, Danny Sullivan: The 20+ session agenda provides unrivaled social media tactics that drive business growth, engagement and competitive advantage. We know your time is precious — […]
- The Verdict Is In: Internet Searches Gaining Traction In Legal Referrals
Oct 8, 2015 by Will Scott
Though consumers still commonly rely on word of mouth to find an attorney, columnist Will Scott notes that the internet is becoming an increasingly important source for potential clients, particularly the younger generation.
- Study: 29% Of Sites Face Duplicate Content Issues & 80% Aren’t Using Schema.org Microdata
Oct 8, 2015 by Greg Finn
A new study shows that duplicate content issues still rage on, and while people are talking about Schema markup, only 20 percent of sites have implemented it.
- Medical Professional Targeting Diagnosis: Psychographic Hot House
Oct 8, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
Doctors and nurses are similar to air, in that they’re vital, and you don’t miss them until you need them. If you’re in the pharma industry or manage a medical supply store that offers medical equipment to professionals (scrubs/uniforms, shoes, stethoscopes, otoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, pulse oximeters and so on), medical professionals are the air […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Recommends Fixing Panda By Improving Content, Not Removing Content, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Perform a Citation Audit for Local SEO, verticalmeasures.com
- Ongoing Chatter On Google Ranking Fluctuations & Changes, Search Engine Roundtable
- Possible Bing Search Update This Week Also, Search Engine Roundtable
- To Fix Panda, Better to Improve Quality Content Than Remove Pages, thesempost.com
- Webinar/Hangout: Google On Duplicate Content, Search Engine Roundtable
- What Wikipedia’s Google Ranking Means for Your Business, Convince and Convert
- Why I’m Recycling My Old Content (And You Should Too!)., SuccessWorks
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Duplicate Content Study, German’s Google Tax & Bing Ads Syndication appeared first on Search Engine Land.