Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- It’s Time For Marketers To Attend To The Branding Benefits Of Search
Google recently released a study that concluded, “Search Ads Lift Brand Awareness.” The study tested brand recall for searchers who had seen the target brand in paid search ads against a control group who had not been exposed to the brand. The study concluded that brand-exposed searchers had a 6.6% increase (80% lift) over the […]
- Yelp Trends Tool Reveals Ten Years Of Local Reviews Data
Yelp is ten years old this year. Since 2004 the company says that it has collected 57 million reviews from users in nearly 100 cities in more than 20 countries. Yelp is now making that data accessible through a new Yelp Trends tool. Similar to Google Trends but more narrowly focused, the Yelp tool allows […]
- Google Maps “Explore” Feature Shows What’s Nearby Along With Reviews & Travel Times
Google Maps announced a new “Explore” feature yesterday for its Android and iOS app. The new feature offers a “local guide” that adapts to wherever the user may be. According to the release: Now, whenever you want to discover places in your area, simply tap the new Explore button at the bottom right corner of […]
- Paid Search Portfolios: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Last month, I suggested that spending beyond observed profit maximization in paid search can make a great deal of sense on a number of grounds. In a nutshell, the argument is that a combination of other factors can make “losing money” on the incremental investment rational. Here’s why: You might not actually be losing money. […]
- Mark Zuckerberg Says Facebook Search Is A Multiyear Voyage
During Facebook’s call with investors yesterday detailing another quarter of runaway financial success, CEO Mark Zuckerberg spent a good amount of time discussing one of the less social aspects of the social network: search. Facebook, he said, is committed to spending the company’s money and resources in a long-term effort to make searching within the […]
- Foursquare Sneak Previews New “Personalized Local Search” & Moves All Check-Ins To Swarm
If you’ve been one of the few fearless folks holding out from updating their Foursquare app, your days are numbered. In a blog post and an email sent out to early adopters , Foursquare alerted its constituency that as of tomorrow all check-ins will be required to occur on Swarm, the new hub for check-ins. […]
- Search Marketing Expo – SMX East Lowest Rates Expire Tomorrow. Register Now!
Join the most accomplished search marketers in the world at SMX East, Sept. 30-Oct. 2 in NYC. The conference will feature three days of tactic packed sessions, the highest-level networking anywhere, and much more. See the agenda. Lowest Super Early Bird rates expire tomorrow – Register now & save $300!
- SMX East Super Early Bird Rates Expire Friday – Last Chance to Register & Save $300!
Time is running out! SMX East Super Early Bird rates – the lowest offered – expire end of day Friday, July 25th. Register now for an All Access pass. Here’s what you get: Exceptional content: 3 days featuring 60+ tactic-packed sessions that will help you build site traffic, grow sales, boost your ROI and acquire […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Are Google’s Algorithms Global & The Same Worldwide?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Advice On A Quality Online Discussion Forum, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Get Out of Google Penalty Hell: With Jim Boykin, internetmarketingninjas.com
- ISOOSI Chat – Making Your Thin Content Phat, ISOOSI Blog
- New to SEO writing? 5 Essential Things You Need to Know, SEO Copywriting
- SEO and dating – Not As Different As You Might Think!, Builtvisible
- Speak the Search Engines’ Language with Schema.org, SEMrush Blog
- The Evolution of SEO, Re/code
- What is ClearVoice? Scores for Writers Provide Useful Insight, BruceClay.com
- Why SEO objectives are fuelling content marketing growth, Branded3
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Foursquare Swarms, Facebook Search & Google Maps Explore appeared first on Search Engine Land.