Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Says It May Unverify Inactive Local Business Listings
Company will first try to contact businesses that haven’t logged in within six months, then may unverify if there’s no response.
- Mobilegeddon Revisited At SMX Advanced
Columnist Bryson Meunier recaps the lively and informative discussion at SMX Advanced around Google’s mobile friendly update.
- Google Search App & Chrome Now Serving Up App Content Directly In Search Results On iOS Devices
A handful of apps, including HuffPo, OpenTable, Pinterest and YouTube, will now appear in Google search results on iPads and iPhones.
- Yahoo Maps Hits A Dead End, Shutting Down End Of This Month
After eight years, Yahoo will shut down Yahoo Maps by the end of this month.
- Google Launches Touch To Search On Android Devices, Similar To Now On Tap
Forget Now On Tap, Android users are seeing Google add Touch To Search on their devices.
- 3 Simple Techniques to Insulate Your AdWords Scripts and Keep Them Running Smoothly
No matter how good your scripts, they’re still vulnerable when other things go wrong. Columnist Russell Savage explains how to safeguard your work.
- 4 Things Most Leaders Don’t Understand About SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is not a “quick fix,” and columnist Trond Lyngbø outlines ways in which this mindset can hurt businesses.
- Study: Forget About Average Organic CTRs, They Mean Nothing
Averages mislead because click-through rates vary widely by site and category.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
- Everything You need to know about Google’s New App Indexing and On Tap Information, ignitevisibility.com
- Google Consumer Survey Feedback For Google Panda Feedback, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Is Cryptic About A Faster Penguin & Panda Algorithm, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Planning to Devalue Content Behind Interstitials, The SEM Post
- Google Tone: Noisy URL Sharing From Google, State of Digital
- Google: The Fastest Way To Get Indexed Is Via The Fetch As Google Tool, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Much Should you Give Away in your SEO Proposal?, ignitevisibility.com
- Parallax Web Design vs. SEO: What You Need To Know, SEMrush Blog
- What do clients really need from their SEO agency?, econsultancy.com
- Why You Should Learn JSON-LD & Separate Your Data from Your HTML, builtvisible.com
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Goodbye Yahoo Maps, Google Search Shows iOS Apps & Touch To Search appeared first on Search Engine Land.