Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AdWords advertisers can use phone numbers & addresses for Google Customer Match targeting
Dec 11, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google Customer Match becomes more accessible to advertisers that don’t have large customer email lists.
- Max Born Google doodle marks 135th birthday of man behind the Born Rule in quantum theory
Dec 11, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Born was awarded the Nobel Prize in quantum mechanics for his theory, which serves as the foundation for nearly all quantum physics predictions.
- Search Engine Land’s Community Corner: Dixon Jones retiring from Majestic, UK Search Awards winners & how to speak at SMX
Dec 8, 2017 by Michelle Robbins
Our weekly roundup of news, announcements and events happening throughout the search marketing industry.
- Act fast! SMX West Super Early Bird rates end Saturday night!
Dec 11, 2017 by Search Engine Land
Your search for actionable SEM and SEO tactics is over. Join thousands of search marketers at the largest search marketing conference on the West Coast: Search Engine Land’s SMX West, March 13-15, 2018, in San Jose, California. Rates increase at the end of this week! Register today for an All Access Pass, and you’ll unlock […]
- 5 local search tactics your competitors probably aren’t using
Dec 11, 2017 by Sherry Bonelli
When you and your competitors are all adhering to local SEO best practices, how can you differentiate your business from the rest? Columnist Sherry Bonelli has some ideas.
- Wanted: Session ideas for SMX London
Dec 11, 2017 by Chris Sherman
We want your input to help us plan our upcoming SMX London conference, which will be taking place May 22-23, 2018. Specifically, we’d love to hear from you if you have a great idea for a session that you think should be on the agenda. And if you’re interested in speaking at the show, the […]
- Robert Koch Google doodle honors German physician awarded the 1905 Nobel Prize in medicine
Dec 10, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Koch is credited with ushering in the Golden Age of bacteriology.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Maps will soon get step-by-step live transit guidance, TechCrunch
- 4 Paid Search Mistakes You Didn‘t Know You Were Making, SEM Rush
- Apple confirms Shazam acquisition; Snap and Spotify also expressed interest, TechCrunch
- Google Doesn’t Recommend Generic Disavow Files, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to audit your site’s internal linking, State of Digital
- Machine Learning and SEO: What Every SEO Should Understand, Stone Temple
- More reasons to love your Pixel phone, Google Blog
- What’s the value of a link?, Branded3
- When news breaks, Google still can’t separate rumor from fact, The Outline
The post SearchCap: Google customer match, local SEO & SMX West appeared first on Search Engine Land.