Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Debuts New Look For Hotel Booking Ads As The Carousel Disappears
The grand, awkward Carousel experiment appears to be coming to an end — for local listings at least. Google is abandoning the Carousel of horizontal listings that appeared at the top of local search results for hotels, restaurants and a few other verticals. With the changes, Google is now displaying hotel “Book A Room” ads […]
- Google Drops Local Carousel For Hotels, Restaurants & Other Local Listings
Google is dropping its horizontal Carousel display of local search results in several categories: restaurants, nightlife, entertainment and hotels. It’s being replaced by a 3-pack of organic listings and some new secondary pages. The Local Carousel rolled out in June, 2013 for the PC in the US and gradually expanded to a number of categories […]
- Call Analytics Platforms – New Market Intelligence Report
Our sister site Digital Marketing Depot recently released a new Market Intelligence Report, “Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms 2014.“ Smartphone ubiquity has changed the way consumers communicate with brands. It is also now changing the way brands view the telephone as an inbound marketing channel. As consumers increasingly use their smartphones to research, browse, and connect […]
- Google Rolls Out Search App Redesign For Android Lollipop Devices
Google announced today it is rolling out a redesign of its Search App for Android devices running on the Lollipop OS. Along with the “…bold colors, fluid animations and simplified layouts” of the new material design, Google says the updated app allows Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Galaxy Note 4 users to set their device […]
- More Bulk Editing Capabilities In Bing Ads Web UI Are Now Live
Bing Ads has been rolling out bulk editing capabilities within the web interface over the past few months. Today, more options became available. Bulk bid and destination editing are both relatively new additions, and now advertisers can edit keyword match types in bulk. At the ad group level, bids can be set or adjusted up […]
- More Detailed Reporting Rolling Out For AdWords Flexible Bid Strategies
This week, Google is rolling out new reporting updates for AdWords flexible bid strategies such as Target CPA and Enhanced CPC. Bid strategy reporting can be found in the Shared Library. Reporting at the strategy level provides a dashboard view of key performance metrics such as conversions, cost, CPA and conversion rate. By clicking on […]
- SEO: The O Is For Outing
As professional SEOs, we have a responsibility to make the web a better place. Contributor Kerry Dean argues that accusing our peers of wrongdoing may not be the best way to do this.
- Please Take Our Search Engine Land Conference Survey!
Search Engine Land produces conferences, and we’re always looking to improve them. To help, we’re running a survey asking you, our readers, to give us some feedback on what you’d like to see as part of our conferences. Please help! Below is our survey, which should take only a few minutes to answer. We’ll run […]
- Anticipating What Products Will Drive Your Holiday Paid Search Sales
With products changing from year to year, how can you predict which items will be hot sellers this holiday season? Contributor Mark Ballard offers some advice.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- “Is #SEO Worth It?” 7 Ways to Make the Case to Management, BruceClay.com
- 9 SEO Copywriting Experts Share Their Top Tips, www.seocopywriting.com
- Best of Agile for SEO Management, moz.com
- Big Brands Beware, www.localseoguide.com
- Get to Know the Google WebmasterTools Mobile Usability Feature, The SEM Post
- Google Algorithm Shifts This Morning: Penguin Completing Or Panda Refreshing?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Query Language, www.seobythesea.com
- How to understand Thin Content update from October 25th, goralewicz.co
- How to Use pushState on Infinite Scroll Websites for SEO, covario.com
- How Twitter Generated 10x Visitors from SEO: Our Thoughts, MKG Media Group
- Improving Your SEO for This Holiday Season, www.highervisibility.com
- Why Focus on Long Tail Keywords?, www.searchenginejournal.com
The post SearchCap: Google Debuts New Hotel Booking Ads, A New Call Analytics Report & Holiday Paid Search Drivers appeared first on Search Engine Land.