Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Flights now shows expected airfare cost increases & filter for hotel discounts
Oct 17, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
During the coming weeks, Google Flights will also roll out email notifications to alert users when prices expire for tracked flights or routes.
- Just launched: Search Engine Land’s new MarTech Today website!
Oct 17, 2016 by Matt McGee
Our new editorial website is laser-focused on the fast-growing world of marketing technology, an area of increasing importance to all marketers.
- Perfect Your SEM Testing: How & Why To Evaluate Everything: SMX East 2016
Oct 17, 2016 by Aaron Levy
Looking for inspiration when it comes to designing and running tests in your PPC accounts? Columnist Aaron Levy recaps a session on this topic from SMX East 2016.
- [Reminder] Upcoming webcast: Take back control of your content
Oct 17, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you losing control of your content? If you’re like the majority of marketers, you’re going to produce more content in 2017 — but feel less than confident about your content marketing operations. Join experts Arnie Kuenn, CEO at Vertical Measures, and Brian Kavanaugh, U.S. Marketing Strategist at Bynder.
- Google on what’s important for 2017: Machine learning, AMP & structured data
Oct 17, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
We asked Google’s Gary Illyes what SEOs and webmasters should think about as this year closes.
- Dear Google, how about OS targeting? Programmatic search?
Oct 17, 2016 by Kevin Lee
In light of the recent updates to device bidding in AdWords, columnist Kevin Lee suggests ways in which Google might build on these changes to make the platform even more valuable to advertisers.
- Hermit Crab SEO
Oct 17, 2016 by Bryson Meunier
You’ve heard of Barnacle SEO, but what about Hermit Crab SEO? Columnist Bryson Meunier sheds some light on this troubling black hat practice and urges search engines to do something about it.
- What are Google’s Gary Illyes’ favorite ranking signals?
Oct 17, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Gary Illyes from Google loves Penguin, Panda and localization algorithms.
- MarTech Europe is just 2 weeks away. Don’t miss out!
Oct 17, 2016 by Search Engine Land
As marketers, we all strive to create the ultimate customer experience. And in two weeks, experts are gathering at MarTech Europe in London to share insights into how they’ve aligned their organizations’ technology, marketing and management to serve evolving customer needs.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- 39% of SEOs Tackle Technical SEO First, Search Engine Journal
- 4 Myths About Google Panda That Are Still Doing the Rounds, Search Engine Journal
- A Complete Guide to Log Analysis with Big Query, Distilled
- Ask Yoast: when should I use hreflang?, Yoast
- Google Hints Many Sites Rankings Dropped With Penguin 4.0, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Machine Learning Will Never Take Over the Whole Search Algorithm, www.thesempost.com
- How to Use Search Analytics in Google Sheets for Better SEO Insights, Moz
- SEOs Also Notice Negative Impact Of Google Penguin 4.0, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Importance of Content Marketing to Your SEO Strategy, Search Influence
- Why Brands Need to Master Prompted Search, Street Fight
The post SearchCap: Google Flights updates, SEM testing & MarTech Today launch appeared first on Search Engine Land.