Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Maps Plus Codes Now Searchable, Making Hard-To-Find Places Easier To Locate
Google’s Open Location Codes can now be searched on both Google and Google Maps.
- Is Google Experimenting With Bringing Twitter Into Desktop Search Results?
Twitter integration into Google’s desktop results has been spotted in the wild. Until now, only mobile results had this.
- Google Asks Europe For More Time To Respond To Antitrust Charges
According to the Wall Street Journal, Google has been given extra time (until August 31) to respond to the European Commission’s antitrust charges.
- Learn Profit-Boosting SEO & SEM Insights At SMX East. Register & Save $200 With Early Bird Rates!
Don’t miss out on SMX East, THE conference for digital marketing professionals. Register now and pay $1695 with early bird rates, expiring August 29.
- 6 Local SEO Stats Every Online Marketer Needs To Know
Trying to make the case for local search engine optimization (SEO), or wondering how you can improve your existing efforts? Columnist Jayson DeMers has you covered.
- PPC Ads Not Performing? Reduce Cognitive Load
Is your ad copy not performing as well as you’d hoped? Contributor Andrew Goodman suggests that perhaps you’re making users think too much.
- Find Your Facebook Audience Gold!
Welcome to the Psychographic Targeting Hot House series, a column that originally appeared weekly on aimClear blog. Because of the popularity among our readers, we’ve partnered with Third Door Media, publisher of Search Engine Land and Marketing Land, to bring you this weekly column.
- SMB Mobile Websites Saw 11 Percent Page View Gain After Mobile-Friendly Update
Sites with the lowest traffic before Mobilegeddon saw the biggest gains.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Google Gets More Time To Respond To EU, 6 Local SEO Stats & PPC Ad Tips appeared first on Search Engine Land.