Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Private blog networks: A great way to get your site penalized
Nov 17, 2017 by Kevin Rowe
Columnist Kevin Rowe explains what private blog networks (PBNs) are, how to identify them, and why you should steer clear.
- Where to go next with your Google My Business listing
Nov 17, 2017 by Brian Smith
So, you’ve set up your Google My Business listing but still aren’t seeing results. What’s the next step? Columnist Brian Smith lays out some suggestions to further optimize your listing for better local search visibility.
- Search in Pics: Google Polish dress-up, old Urchin sign & Android winter statue
Nov 17, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. A terrace at the Google Singapore office: Source: Twitter Urchin light up neon sign at Google […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
- How to Use PPC For Law Firm Lead Generation – SEM Lessons for Professional Services Firms, Portent
- Alphabet’s Google Buys Land in Denmark Near Apple’s Plot, Fortune
- Apple pushes HomePod release to early 2018, TechCrunch
- Apple, Verizon & T-Mobile Lead Paid Search Advertising for iPhone 8 and iPhone X, AdGooroo
- Ask Yoast: changing URL structure and rankings, Yoast
- Crawl Rate Defaults, ohgm
- Google: Larry Page Does Not Believe In Manual Actions, Search Engine Roundtable
- Wait for it…Amazon’s Holiday Paid Search Presence Picks Up on Cyber Monday, but Peaks Later, Merkle
The post SearchCap: Google My Business, PBN links & more appeared first on Search Engine Land.