Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google: Panda 4.1 Still Rolling Out Over the weekend, there was a tremendous amount of chatter within the SEO community, including discussion forums, social media and other channels. There were rumors that Google was pushing out a new algorithm, maybe the eagerly anticipated Penguin refresh which is expected really soon or maybe something else? Google told us just now that the […]
- The Internet’s Front Page — Reddit — Now Worthy Of Being In Google News Google News now is considering Reddit, the popular user-generated news site, to be a worthy news source for Google. If you search for [dunkin donuts] in Google, a box with news items comes up in the “In The News” section. The first item listed is a Reddit link to an image showing how Dunkin Donuts […]
- Google Releases Video Series On Taking Your Local Business Online Google’s Maile Ohye, a well-known personality in the SEO space, has published six-videos adding up to about 30 minutes, containing advice on bringing your local business online. Maile said this is the same advice that Googlers would give “our friends and family” and now they are sharing it with everyone. In the first video, the […]
- 12 Things To Check In Your Local Homepage SEO Audit Your homepage is arguably the most important page of your site. Contributor Chris Silver Smith provides tips to ensure it’s in top shape!
- Proven Tactics from 40+ Successful Brands – Register Now for SMX Social Media Marketing, Save $200 Many of the world’s most skilled and knowledgeable social media specialists will take the stage at SMX Social Media Marketing in Las Vegas, November 19-20. Speakers from brands and agencies will share challenges they’ve overcome and result-driving tactics that make them successful. You’ll hear from: They’ll be tackling paid, earned and owned social media marketing […]
- Up Close @ SMX: Making Mobile SEO Perform For You – Design, Approach & Speed Mobile SEO differs from desktop and its importance its growing rapidly.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Google Panda 4.1 Continues, Reddit “In The News” & Local Business Videos appeared first on Search Engine Land.