Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- SMX Advanced 2016 recap: Harnessing SEM analytics for smarter automation
Jun 28, 2016 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson provides tips and advice from PPC experts on how search marketers can make SEM automation work for them.
- How “Do It With Me” marketing services can help SMBs access the latest marketing practices
Jun 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are the new frontier for digital services. The enterprise is armed with excellent digital marketing tools that need to be right-sized to SMB needs and budgets before a small business will enjoy the same digital advantages.
- 7 types of keywords to boost your SEO strategy
Jun 28, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Wondering what kinds of keywords you should be targeting? Columnist Ryan Shelley shows how to categorize keywords using a personalized and industry-focused approach.
- Ask The SEOs at SMX Advanced
Jun 28, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Unable to attend SMX Advanced this year? Columnist Andrew Shotland recaps the “Ask The SEOs” session for those who missed it.
- Google testing new tool to check internet speeds directly in search results
Jun 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Powered by Measurement Labs, Google’s latest widget was surfaced via a search for “check internet speed.”
- Why Google is mining local business attributes
Jun 28, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
What are business attributes, and why should local businesses care? Columnist Adam Dorfman explores.
- Final call for entries: 2016 Landy Awards
Jun 28, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Time is running out to enter the second annual Search Engine Land Awards! Entries close Thursday, June 30 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Complete your submissions today.
- Chinese government cracks down on search ads and “banned content”
Jun 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
New rules protect public but tighten government control over search results.
- Google opens Customer Match to Shopping Campaigns
Jun 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers will be able to retarget customers with product listing ads.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Google’s internet speed testing tool, Landy Awards call for entries & more appeared first on Search Engine Land.