Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google says keywords in the TLD part of your URL are ignored for ranking purposes
Jun 15, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
After a controversial sponsored post on Search Engine Land, Google has said that they ignore the keywords in the TLD portion of your domain names.
- Official: Google is rolling out green “Ad” label globally
Jun 15, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Yellow is out, green is in for text ads in Google search results.
- New survey says Google Maps favored by nearly 70 percent of iPhone users
Jun 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The survey data seem to contradict statements made by Apple and others about Apple Maps’ dominance on the iPhone.
- Moz shows you how to clean up your citations to rank higher in search
Jun 15, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Learn why citation cleanup is imperative in Local SEO efforts — and what you may risk by doing nothing. This white paper from Moz shows you: how to quickly perform a citation audit and the free tool that helps you do it; how to identify the extent of your or your clients’ citation inconsistencies; and […]
- Common misconceptions when measuring SEO content performance
Jun 15, 2016 by Ian Bowden
As SEO practitioners turn their focus toward user engagement as a measure of content success, columnist Ian Bowden says the conventional wisdom surrounding user engagement metrics may, in fact, be misleading.
- How to quickly find and export all subdomains indexed by Google
Jun 15, 2016 by Max Prin
Performing an SEO audit? Contributor Max Prin demonstrates how to find all of a website’s indexed subdomains using a simple (and free) Chrome plugin.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Green AdWords ads, Google on top-level domains & more appeared first on Search Engine Land.