Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- What Time Is The Super Bowl? Google & Bing Are Confused
Jan 11, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
You might get information for 2015, depending on how you ask.
- How Much Did Countdown Ads Play Into Advertisers’ Strategies This Holiday Season?
Jan 11, 2016 by Matt Umbro
Many advertisers have seen great results using the countdown customizer in AdWords, but just how many utilized them during the holiday season? Columnist Matt Umbro sought to find out.
- 78% Of SEOs Believe That 2016 Is Going To Be A “Great” Year For Business
Jan 11, 2016 by Myles Anderson
What does this year have in store for local search engine optimization professionals? Columnist Myles Anderson shares results from BrightLocal’s Local SEO Industry Survey, which may provide some insights.
- Alice Paul Google Doodle Marks 131st Birthday Of The American Suffragist & ERA Activist
Jan 11, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Paul played a primary role in getting the 19th Amendment through Congress and was the original force behind the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Powerball Numbers? You’ll Be Surprised Which Search Engines Knew Them
Jan 10, 2016 by Matt McGee
It was the biggest lottery drawing in US history, and neither Google nor Bing showed searchers the winning numbers. Here’s who did.
- What Is The Mountain Of Butterflies? Google Doodle Marks 41st Anniversary Of The Natural Phenomenon
Jan 9, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
In 1975, a team of Canadian zoologist found millions of monarch butterflies that had migrated to the eastern part of Mexico’s Sierra Madre Mountains.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Holiday Countdown Ad Results, Alice Paul Google Doodle & Powerball Searches appeared first on Search Engine Land.