Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- What’s The State Of Link Building For SEO In 2015 & Beyond?
The rules regarding link building are seemingly always changing, so columnist Jayson DeMers lays out thoughts about what’s safe, what isn’t, and how you can hedge your bets.
- Google To Launch New Doorway Page Penalty Algorithm
Google will take algorithmic action on more doorway pages in the near future. The new algorithm adjustment will impact these pages trying to increase their search footprint.
- 2 Weeks to MarTech – See Who’s Attending
In just two weeks, the largest vendor-independent gathering of professionals at the intersection of marketing and technology will happen in San Francisco – MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference.
- 8 Tools For Google Penalty Recovery
Have you been hit by a penalty, or perhaps suspect as much? If so, columnist Chris Marentis recommends these diagnostic tools for identifying, assessing, and fixing site issues.
- Google Now To Get API So All Developers Can Integrate Their Content
With third party content Google Now becomes much more useful.
- Anna Atkins Google Logo Marks 216th Birthday Of Famed Botanist & Photographer
Self-published in 1843, Atkins’ “Photographs of British Algae: Cyanotype Impressions” is credited with being the first book of photography.
- Bing Puts March Madness Bracket In Search Results, Predicts Kentucky To Win Championship
Search results include complete men’s college basketball tournament bracket, along with Bing’s game-by-game predictions.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- Creating Killer Content Is A Great Path Towards High Google SEO Rankings In 2015, White Fire Seo
- 301 101: How Redirects Work, Renegade Search
- 5 Steps to Mastering Visual Content SEO, The SEM Post
- Apple & Google, The Knowledge Box and other SEO Questions and Quandaries, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Google’s Mobile Friendly Ranking Algorithm Already Live For Android Apps, Search Engine Roundtable
- Grow your Site some Evergreen Content for SEO!, CanuckSEO
- Hardcore SEO – Customizing Content Pitches, Stone Temple
- Local SEO Tools, Strategy, and Optimization With Greg Gifford, www.searchenginejournal.com
The post SearchCap: Link Building In 2015, Google’s New Doorway Page Penalty Algorithm & Anna Atkins Google Logo appeared first on Search Engine Land.