Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 3 local SEO tips that deliver business results
Feb 7, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
Looking to optimize your business website for local search, but not sure where to start? Columnist Ryan Shelley provides some tips for beginners.
- Why content-led SEO will always fail to build links effectively
Feb 7, 2017 by Chris Liversidge
Great content doesn’t always translate to great links. Columnist Chris Liversidge explains the problem with this strategy and advocates for a more audience-focused approach.
- The Digital Marketer’s Guide to Call Attribution
Feb 7, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital marketing has gone mobile. And thanks to smartphones and click‑to‑call, consumers are responding to search, social, display, and other digital ads and campaigns by calling businesses by the billions. This guide from DialogTech explains why call conversions have become so important to digital marketing and introduces you to call attribution – what it is, […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- 3 Not-So-SEO-Friendly Trends to Watch Out For, Moz
- Google AdsBot Not Used For Web Search URL Discovery, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Search Machine Learning: Doing SEO When the Future Is Now, Stone Temple
- How long does it take to rank in Google? (A study by Ahrefs), ahrefs.com
- My post ranks, but I don’t get any traffic, Yoast
- Semantic SEO Strategy: How to Do SEO in 2017, Search Engine Journal
- SEO Checklist: 21 Common Mistakes to Avoid, Online Marketing Blog
- Site Speed Optimization Techniques #semrushchat, SEM Rush
- Why Your SEO Campaign is Failing, Search Engine Journal
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Local SEO, links via content & more appeared first on Search Engine Land.