Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- “Baidu Windows 10 Express” Deal Makes Baidu The Search Default For Windows In China
Sep 23, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Deal will see special promotion of Windows when people search for it on Baidu, leading to the Baidu-oriented version. Baidu also to be home page.
- Study: Despite Wikipedia’s Visibility Decline In Google, It Still Shows Up More Often Than Google Properties
Sep 23, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
A new study from Stone Temple Consulting validates previous studies showing Wikipedia’s Google traffic is declining.
- Converting SEO Non-Believers: How To Overcome Objections And Get The Budget
Sep 23, 2015 by Clay Cazier
Columnist Clay Cazier shares his advice for getting buy-in from those who don’t see the value in search engine optimization.
- Keywords Are Back For Google Shopping Campaigns!
Sep 23, 2015 by Daniel Gilbert
Columnist Daniel Gilbert presents a new free script from Brainlabs that will let you manage your Google Shopping campaigns with keywords.
- Mobile Wallets, GPS & Beacons: How To Dominate The “Next Moment” Of Local Search
Sep 23, 2015 by Adam Dorfman
Mobile search is focused on capturing users in the moment they’re searching for you, but what about after that? Columnist Adam Dorfman discusses how location-based technology can keep consumers engaged with your brand.
- Relaunching Your Site? Don’t Even Think About It Without A Solid SEO Game Plan!
Sep 23, 2015 by Stephan Spencer
Relaunching your website can have serious consequences for your search engine optimization if not planned carefully. Luckily, columnist Stephan Spencer has provided a comprehensive guide to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ticket Options To Attend SMX East Next Tuesday — Learn More!
Sep 23, 2015 by Search Engine Land
SMX East kicks off next Tuesday, September 29, in New York City. With 50+ innovative sessions and keynotes, networking activities and presentations from leading providers, you’ll get the search marketing tactics and solutions you need to exceed your goals. SMX East offers flexible pass options to fit your needs, budget and schedule.
- Autumnal Equinox Google Doodle Marks The First Day Of Fall
Sep 23, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Designed by guest artist Kirsten Lepore, the logo uses a collection of autumn vegetables to usher in the fall season.
- Webinar: Global Content Marketing for Enterprise
Sep 22, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Learn how the big guys have mastered content marketing at scale.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Wikipedia Traffic Study, Converting SEO Non-believers & Google’s Autumn Doodle appeared first on Search Engine Land.